Food is a necessity. Without food, doing your daily chores will never be possible. Through eating the right kind of food, one becomes healthy and becomes capable of finishing their tasks, practicing their jobs, and even doing leisure activities.
Consequently, eating has been a daily habit for everyone. In fact, people usually eats at least three times a day and even up to five times each day. Hence, one’s digestive system is at work for most number of hours.
For elders, their digestive organs easily gets stressed out and often results to indigestion. When these organs are not functioning properly, this might lead to pain, discomfort or illness.
Therefore, you should guide your parents to eat foods which can help in digestion and in keeping the digestive system healthy- especially to those elders who are suffering from:
- – chronic constipation,
- – diverticulitis, or
- – irritable bowel movement.
Here are the best foods for your parents’ stomach:
- Are your parents the type of persons who do not want eating messy food? Do they like eating fruits? Are there instances when they suffer from diarrhea?
- Eating bananas would help them ease diarrhea and even gain a healthier stomach by regulating their digestive organs. This fruit is also rich in potassium, electrolytes and fiber. So you see, your parents and even you yourself, can get many health benefits through eating bananas!
- Another source of potassium and fiber are prunes. If your adult loved ones often get constipation, eating prunes would be the best solution. Prunes can also body vitamin A and magnesium.
- Your parents’ bodies need a balance of good bacteria in their digestive system- this can be possible through having at least one serving of yogurt for at least 3 days in a week.
- Fiber has been proven to give numerous benefits to the body and one is to make your digestive tract healthy. Brown rice and oatmeal are just some examples of whole grains which works magic in your parents’ bodies.